More and more women and men are choosing to take action to keep their faces looking younger for longer. Advances in the science of dermal fillers have made these treatments more convenient, safe, and effective than ever before. Injectable fillers are used at our San Diego and Riverside County offices to provide volume to areas of the face that have begun to show wrinkles or folds, restoring a fuller, more youthful appearance to the skin. At Dermatology Specialists, Inc., we offer the latest “next generation” fillers such as JUVÉDERM® Injectable Gel, Restylane®, Juvederm Voluma XC®, Juvederm Vollure XC®, Juvederm Volbella XC® , Radiesse +®, Restylane® and Sculptra®.
All of our dermal fillers are composed of synthetic versions of substances that occur naturally in the body. Since they are biocompatible and biodegradable, these fillers do not require any allergy pre-testing and are safely absorbed by the body over time. The fillers we use serve to replace the collagen that the body has lost with age, and increases volume and subtly lift the areas treated, such as:
- Nasolabial folds or smile lines
- Marionette lines below the corners of the mouth
- Lips that have grown thin or wrinkled
- Volume and subtly lift the cheek area
In a simple procedure, the filler is injected directly into the mid-to-deep dermis for the long-lasting correction of moderate-to-severe facial wrinkles and folds. The duration of results depends on the filler selected and the area treated.
Your Dermal Filler Options
- JUVÉDERM XC Injectable Gel is a hyaluronic acid product produced by the makers of BOTOX® Cosmetic. JUVÉDERM is widely used for the treatment of “smile lines,” or nasolabial folds – the creases that run from the outer corner of the nose to just under the corner of the mouth. Results from JUVÉDERM can last up to 9 months.
- Restylane is a hyaluronic acid filler which adds volume and hydration to smooth wrinkles and indentations, particularly around the nose and mouth. It is also well-suited for plumping up thin or wrinkled lips. Restylane results typically last about 6 months.
- Sculptra® Aesthetic works differently than most other injectable fillers. The active ingredient, poly-L-lactic acid, actually replaces lost collagen to correct wrinkles and folds from deep within the skin. It is injected into facial wrinkles using a small needle, and results are seen gradually over the months following treatment. Typically about 3 treatments are needed for our patients to see the results they want. Another big benefit of Sculptra Aesthetic is that results will last 2 years or more – much longer than other dermal fillers.
- JUVEDERM VOLUMA XC is injected under the skin with a small needle. It works instantly to add volume and subtly lift the cheek area, temporarily reversing this sign of aging. To reduce pain during the procedure, JUVEDERM VOLUMA XC contains a numbing agent called lidocaine. The more youthful profile you can achieve from the procedure lasts up to 2 years with optimal treatment.
- RADIESSE + is a wrinkle filler used to plump the skin. RADIESSE is injected through a small needle and placed under the skin. Immediately, this filler works to add volume under the skin and over time, the benefits of RADIESSE continue by stimulating your body’s own natural collagen. The natural results have been shown to last a year or more in many patients, making the treatment results both immediate and long lasting.
- JUVEDERM VOLBELLA XC is for the use in the lips for lip augmentation and for the corrction of perioral rhytids, commonly referred to as perioral lines. It was found to effectively increase lip fullness and soften the appearance of the lines around the mouth.
- JUVERDERM VOLLURE XC is an injection into the facial tissue for the correction of moderate to severe facial wrinkles and folds, such as nasolabial folds.
Recovery and Results
For most of our patients in Southern California, injectable fillers do not require significant downtime. Results of injectable fillers are immediate and most patients can resume their normal activities right away. It is possible, however, that you may experience temporary puffiness, tenderness or slight bruising at the injection sites which can be treated with ice and covered with makeup.
If you would like to find out more about our cosmetic or medical services, click here to request a consultation at Dermatology Specialists, Inc. or call our office nearest you to schedule your appointment.