Dr. Thiele is a board-certified dermatologist serving patients from San Diego and Riverside counties.
Originally from Frankfurt, Germany, Dr. Thiele graduated summa cum laude from JW Goethe University. He completed his internship at the University of Chicago Hospital and received his Dermatology residency training at Boston University and Tufts University, where he also served as Chief Resident. He then completed an additional one-year fellowship in Mohs micrographic surgery (American College of Mohs Surgery, ACMS). Dr. Thiele is currently the only ACMS fellowship-trained Mohs surgeon in the Temecula and Murrieta area.
Fellowship-trained also in Procedural Cosmetic Dermatology, Dr. Thiele offers cosmetic anti-aging procedures such as Botox, soft tissue filler injections (e.g. Restylane, Juvederm, Sculptra), sclerotherapy for leg veins, chemical peels, and Laser treatments (such as VBEAM).
In addition to his expertise in Mohs surgery, Dr. Thiele is an internationally renowned expert on skin aging and antioxidants, the subject of his PhD thesis. He has authored over 100 peer-reviewed publications in scientific and medical journals, books, and conference contributions at national and international meetings. Furthermore, he has been member of the AAD Task Force Clinical Researchand is currently on the editorial boards of the International Journal of Cosmetic Science and The Open Dermatology Journal.
Dr. Thiele has received numerous awards including the Compassionate Doctor Award (2010) and the Patient Choice Award (2010, 2011, and 2013). He is married to a San Diego native and has one daughter and two sons. In his free time, he loves spending time with them hiking or biking – with sunscreen reapplied every 2 hours, of course!
Key Facts About Dr. Thiele
- JW Goethe University (1991-1995)
- Boston University/Tufts University, Department of Dermatology, Chief Resident (2005-2008)
- Schiller University, Department of Dermatology, Jena Germany (1998-2002)
- ACGME & Mohs College, Procedural Dermatology & Mohs Surgery (2008-2009)
- California Medical License (2008)
- Diplomate, American Board of Dermatology (2008)
- German Board of Dermatology (2002)
- Fellow, American Academy of Dermatology (2008)
- Fellow, American College of Mohs Micrographic Surgery (2009)
- Fellow, American Society for Dermatology Surgery (2009)
- Member, Alpha Omega Alpha Medical Honor Society (2008)
To find out more about our dermatologists in San Diego and Riverside Counties, click here to request a consultation at Dermatology Specialists, Inc. or call us to schedule your appointment.