- San Marcos
- Solana Beach
Dr. Venkat is a dermatologist and dermatopathologist with specialized training in Dermatopathology (the subspecialty of microscopically examining skin biopsies and rendering diagnoses). Originally from Texas, he did his undergraduate degree at the University of Texas at Austin, where he graduated summa cum laude. He received his M.D. degree from Duke University as well as his MBA, and completed his residency at the University of Iowa. He then completed a Dermatopathology Fellowship at Johns Hopkins University.
He sees patients of all ages and practices medical, surgical and cosmetic dermatology. With cosmetic procedures, he focuses on giving patients a “natural” look. His cosmetic procedures include Botox, Fillers (Restalyne, Voluma,Radiesse, Juvederm, and Sculptra), chemical peels, sclerotherapy (for leg veins), cosmetic removal of lesions, and lasers (Vbeam for facial vessels). Dr. Venkat can help protect your investment in these procedures, by optimizing anti-aging skin regimens as well.
Dr. Venkat received the ASDS Cutting Edge Research Grant focusing on the prognosis of cutaneous malignant melanoma. He has published many articles on dermatology and various subspecialties. As for his hobbies, he loves to spend time outdoors riding his bike, listening to music, and spending time with his wife and two children.
Key Facts about Dr. Venkat
- Duke University, Durham, North Carolina (2000-2004)
- University of Texas, Austin, Texas (1996-1998)
- University of Iowa, Iowa City, IA (2006-2009)
- Riverside Regional Medical Center, Newport News, VA (2005-2006)
- Johns Hopkins University, Baltimore, MD (2009-2010)
- Diplomate, American Board of Dermatology
- Board Certified Dermatologist
- Board Certified Dermatopathologist
- Fellow, American Academy of Dermatology
To find out more about our dermatologists in San Diego and Riverside Counties, click here to request a consultation at Dermatology Specialists, Inc. or call us to schedule your appointment.