More and more women and men are choosing to take action to keep their faces looking younger for longer. Advances in the science of dermal fillers have made these treatments more convenient, safe, and effective than ever before. Injectable fillers are used at our San Diego and Riverside County offices to provide volume to areas of the face that have begun to show wrinkles or folds, restoring a fuller, more youthful appearance to the skin. At Dermatology Specialists, Inc., we offer the latest "next generation" fillers such as JUVÉDERM® Injectable Gel, Restylane®, Perlane® and RADIESSE®.
All of our dermal fillers are composed of synthetic versions of substances that occur naturally in the body. Since they are biocompatible and biodegradable, these fillers do not require any allergy pre-testing, and are safely absorbed by the body over time. The fillers we use serve to replace the collagen that the body has lost with age, and add volume to areas that have diminished with age, such as:
- Nasolabial folds or smile lines
- Marionette lines below the corners of the mouth
- Lips that have grown thin or wrinkled
Meet the Doctors
See for yourself the results we have achieved for our patients.
In a simple procedure, the filler is injected directly into the mid-to-deep dermis for the long-lasting correction of moderate-to-severe facial wrinkles and folds. The duration of results depends on the filler selected and the area treated.
Your Dermal Filler Options
- JUVÉDERM Injectable Gel is a hyaluronic acid product produced by the makers of BOTOX® Cosmetic. JUVÉDERM is widely used for the treatment of "smile lines," or nasolabial folds – the creases that run from the outer corner of the nose to just under the corner of the mouth. Results from JUVÉDERM can last up to 9 months.
- Restylane & Perlane are hyaluronic acid fillers which add volume and hydration to smooth wrinkles and indentations particularly around the nose and mouth. They also well-suited for plumping up thin or wrinkled lips. Perlane is composed of larger molecules of hyaluronic acid, and is typically injected deeper into the dermis. Restylane results typically last about 6 months, while Perlane may last 9 months, and even longer with regular touch ups.
- RADIESSE is a formulation of calcium-based microspheres suspended in a gel carrier. It is unique in that it offers both immediate and continuing results by stimulating the production of your body's own natural collagen. RADIESSE is typically used to treat the nasolabial folds and marionette lines around the nose and mouth, and can add volume to sunken cheek bones. RADIESSE results may last up to a year or more in some patients.
- Sculptra® Aesthetic works differently than most other injectable fillers. The active ingredient, poly-L-lactic acid, actually replaces lost collagen to correct wrinkles and folds from deep within the skin. It is injected into facial wrinkles using a small needle, and results are seen gradually over the months following treatment. Typically about 3 treatments are needed for our patients to see the results they want. Another big benefit of Sculptra Aesthetic is that results will last 2 years or more – much longer than other dermal fillers.
Recovery and Results
For most of our patients in Southern California, injectable fillers do not require significant downtime. Results of injectable fillers are immediate and most patients can resume their normal activities right away. It is possible, however, that you may experience temporary puffiness, tenderness or slight bruising at the injection sites which can be treated with ice and covered with makeup.
To find out more about the injectable fillers available at our Southern California offices, click here to request a consultation at Dermatology Specialists, Inc. or call our office nearest you to schedule your appointment.